Entering an Unnatural Habitat: Moving to Japan

My mum told me she'd rather I didn't move too far away when I went  to university - I should at least stay close enough that I can visit on the weekends if I wanted to. Perhaps then, taking a gap year and moving halfway across the globe, is a bit excessive. 

Nonetheless, that appears to be my plan. But a plan needs more detail then that. Sure a year in Japan sounds great, but if you don't end up doing anything with it, what's the point? 

What else is a girl to do then, but start a travel blog? 

Already I've a music blog on the go (Unmusically Inclined if you're wondering) and a more personal thoughts dump (Ellie May Blog). Gearing up for some sort of a future doing this writing thing, what could be more perfect than another blog?

So here we are. Unnatural Habitat - a travel blog. 

Perhaps it could be argued that by staying in one place for a year, I'm not really travelling. Fair point, point taken and if you have any other idea what sort of blog that would make this, I'm open to suggestions. In the meantime, please accept my current posts that will detail the process of getting to Japan, living in Japan and anything else that I feel would fit better here than anywhere else.

There you have it, then. I'm leaving my natural habitat, a small and boring English town, and moving to a new, unnatural habitat, Nagoya; Japan's third largest incorporated city. 




Comments

Popular Posts